Friday 11 March 2011

Wire Wrapped Necklace

I have now ordered a new camera, it really doesn't pay to go for the cheapest of the cheap! I cannot seem to get a picture that is not blurred! The picture really does not do this necklace justice. Each of the haematite beads is attached using fine wire and the wire also goes round each of the beads to add extra detail. It is finished off using leather thong and a silver clasp. This was great to make, I actually made it at a jewellery class at The Bead Shop in Wigan. The classes are so easy to follow and it is a great way to get inspiration, especially when starting a new (ish) technique.

The thing about jewellery making (like with most crafts) is there is something for everyone. I would love to try using the silver art clay and to make some intricate embellishements. It is something I intend to try, it is really having the confidence to just do it! The clay is pretty expensive so I don't want to waste it! I am sure I will tell all on here if (when) I try it!

If anyone is experienced in using silver art clay and has any tips, I would love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment