Monday 14 March 2011

Making Jewellery

I was intending to do some more work on the wedding cake topper I am making for my friends wedding. instead I have spent the best part of the evening updating ipods and messing with new software of the computer! I think I may have time to at least make a hair pin (they are trickier than they look). I am hoping it is going to take my mind off the pregnancy acid I am feeling. I have taken a tablet but it does not seem to have kicked in! There is no way I can manage Gaviscon!!!!!

I first got into Jewellery making the Christmas after having my little boy. My family and friends were so supportive during, what was, a very difficult time (he was 8 weeks early and I went through a really bad spell after he was born). I wanted to show people how much I appreciated their support but I couldn’t afford much, plus I wanted something that would really  mean something.

I already made cards and I decided to try my hand at jewellery. I bought some cheap bits and pieces to get me going and it soon became a huge addiction! I went onto make some amazing pieces for people which were very well received!

I like making pieces of jewellery that are different, not things that you can get on the highstreet. I have experimented with various different techniques from basic beading to chainmaille to wire work. I have never settled on one specific technique, they are all too addictive!

I confess, I keep things  very simple, I like elegant. I keep having to remind myself that not everyone likes the same things I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment