Monday 7 March 2011

Hairpins

Hairpins look simple yet elegant in both long and short hair. I have used silver hairpins however brown or gold can be used if you want to make sure that the pins are disguised. They are a bit fiddly at first but, with a little practice, they take no time at all. The key is to ensure your wire is not too hard or too soft. I have used 26 gauge (0.4mm). Don't over work or the wire is likely to snap (I know this from experience). The best thing about making your own jewellery and hair accessories is that you can make any colour to suit your needs and wants. I have used a swarovski cube. Other shapes work just as well and you can make them as simple or as intricate as you want. Unfortunately the pictures are not that great, I will try to take better ones to add.

No comments:

Post a Comment