Sunday 27 March 2011

Chainmail Watch

I like experimemting with different styles and designs and using different materials when making jewellery. There is so much to chose from and I want to try as many as I can!


I also like to try to buy sterling silver, especially if it is for a present. this watch is made using sterling silver jump rings. There is around 320 jump rings in total, intricately knotted together to make a byzantine chain link. I made this for my Mum's birthday a few years ago now. It is a  beautiful watch complimented by a sterling silver toggle clasp. For something that looks really quite delicate, it has a good weight to it. It took me a few nights to  make as the jump rings are so small and I was going  bog-eyed trying to knot them together! Also my fingers were wrecked after (not even starting on how many nails I broke)! It was well worth it and my Mum loves it!

No comments:

Post a Comment